You have certainly heard of IQ, and most have heard of EQ or Emotional Quotient. But what of OQ? In an ever-changing world and workplace, though, the most important skill may turn out to be OQ, or organizational quotient. Take the quiz below and see where how organized you really are. Don’t worry if you’re not perfect. We’re here to help.
WHAT’S YOUR O.Q. (ORGANIZATIONAL QUOTIENT)?
Read each statement carefully. Respond either ”T” (true/mostly true) or ”F”(false/mostly false).
1. There’s never enough time to complete what I start.
2. I feel fragmented most of the time.
3. I have areas of clutter in my house that I never seem to get handled.
4. I. have areas of clutter in my office that I can’t put in order.
5. Sometimes I just don’t know where to put things.
6. It’s hard to get going in the morning.
7. There’s too much information for me to sort through at work.
8. I use the “kitchen table sorting system” to manage bills.
9. I feel rushed and go from one thing that must get done to another.
10. My systems for storing and retrieving information don’t work.
11. I am often distracted by interruptions that demand immediate attention.
12. When I delegate, things often don’t get done the way I want them to.
13. There’s always too much to do in too little time- both at home and at work.
14. There’s no way to take time for myself each day to regenerate and relax.
15. I procrastinate until a deadline is looming.
16. My ”to do” lists are seldom complete.
17. I don’t get enough sleep ..
18. I have a fairly good idea of what 1 want my life to look like in five years.
19. I wish I could clone myself to get everything done that needs doing.
20. Most of my time away from work is spent doing chores and catching up at home
HOW DID YOU DO?
How many statements did you answer TRUE?
• 0-5: You’re one of the lucky few! You have discovered how to avoid frenzy in your life. You know how to prioritize, set realistic goals and move toward them. You use your time to get what you want and have fun along the way. Call Diane at Time-Savers Professional Organizing Services, Inc. (954) 252-7511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to share some of your victory stories.
• 6-15: You’re like most of us: too much to do, too many pressing demands, too many responsibilities and not enough time to do it all. You have a feeling there must be a better way but you don’t know what it is or how to find it. Organizing skills can get you back on track. Call Diane at Time-Savers Professional Organizing Services, Inc. (954) 252-7511 or email email@example.com to get started.
• 16-20: You need help …. Fast! Quick, before you lose the phone number, call Diane at Time-Savers Professional Organizing Services, Inc. (954) 252-7511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org